1. The implementation of the project activities led to the production of a participatory action research manual with an appropriate and practical methodology for the regional context.
2. The project developed capacities of a team of local research facilitators in Gambia and Senegal on participatory action research tools for undertaking vulnerability assessment and adaptation planning.
3. The implementation of this project also led to the development of adaptation actions in the 2 MPAs following their vulnerability assessments to the impacts of extreme climate-related events.
4. The project also supported community members to implement some planned community adaptation actions in the pilot zones. Some of these initiatives were beekeeping, mangrove and tree planting in the Gambia. Community gardening and provision of improved cook-stoves were the activities initiated in Senegal.
5. The project leaders also produced a guide on Monitoring and Evaluation (M and E) to be used for the project activities implemented in each MPA. Based on this guide, the MPA management members within the 2 pilot areas were equipped with M and E skills through a training session.